FEB 9 thru MAR 10
Deerfield Beach Plays Host to Knights, Wizards, Vikings and More During Seven Exciting Themed Weekends Each with Their Own Assortment of Acts & Performances.
Come one, come all and travel back to the magical time of days past! Wether ye be Kings or Queens, Vikings or Knights, Wizards or even Muggles, your attendance is requested at the 27th annual Florida Renaissance Festival. From A.D. February 9th through March 24th, in the two-thousandth and nineteenth year you can join the merrymaking in the vast open land of Deerfield Beach's Quiet Waters Park.
For the fourth year in a row, the timeless Florida Renaissance Festival will offer SEVEN jam-packed themed weekends to ring in its 27th season. This fantastical journey will allow attendees to be transported back into 16th-century Europe. Greeted by jesters, jugglers and jousting knights upon entering the gates, sweet melodies can be heard from every corner of the kingdom. It's a full day of entertainment where the entire family can marvel at fan favorite acts and performances that include immersive and interactive, real audience-participation scenarios. Join in on the fun with human powered rides, artisan craft shops and enough food & drink for a royal family feast!
One of the nation's most beloved events, with over 100,000 annual attendees and more than two million people having participated over the festival's tenure, the Florida Renaissance Festival has devoted 27 years to capturing the essence of the Renaissance through entertainment and living history.
"We at the Florida Renaissance Festival owe our success to our loyal patrons, who have eagerly supported our mission to spread knowledge and joy using the enriched history and culture of the Renaissance," says Bobby Rodriguez, Founder and Producer of the Florida Renaissance Festival. "Our festival provides people of all ages the chance to escape into an alternate universe with invigorating activities and our growing assortment of themed weekends."
Rodriguez has helped the Florida Renaissance Festival set the standard for all festivals of this nature by going "beyond Renaissance." Booking acts sprawling from the Orient to Africa, Rodriguez has brought the Festival to new heights, continuously incorporating new experiences. Led by his forward-thinking, it has expanded its arsenal of avant-garde performances and interactive weekends.
The Florida Renaissance Festival 2019 themed weekends include:
* Game of Thrones - February 9th - 11th The night is dark and full of terrors. Dress in your favorite Westeros and Essos gear and lead your armies into victory for the greatest weekend in all the 7 Kingdoms! Winter is coming.
* Time Travelers'/Steampunk Weekend - February 16th - 18th Kick this weekend into high "gear" as you travel back to the early nineteenth century, a time of British Victorian fashion, the American Wild West, and steam-powered machinery. Dedicated to adventurers across the centuries, board your favorite form of fantastical transportation, be it a submarine or steam powered hot air balloon. Break out those top hats, goggles, corsets, petticoats, compass bracers, and monocles and join in on a "Steampunkin'" good time. Open on President's Day, Monday February 18th!
* Vikings and Barbarians - February 23rd and 24th Coming from the harsh wastelands of the North, only the strongest and most courageous warriors will survive through this weekend. Fellow Scandinavian brothers and sisters will show little to no fear and enter into any skirmishes with their battleaxes in hand, all while geared in full leather and fur during this epic weekend. Onward to Valhalla!
* Bodacious Bodices & Wenches - March 2nd and 3rd Wenches Weekend celebrates the power of women from Renaissance times. Hourglass curves and hearty attitudes were the name of the game when it meant going up against male counterparts. Bodacious bodices are welcome - maidens, damsels and all - come dressed in your best for a weekend of powerful fun!
* Swashbucklers and Sirens - March 9th - 10th All hands ahoy! Don't get lost at sea as this themed weekend sees our village stormed by the deadliest pirates, buccaneers and scallywags in all the seven seas. Raise your Jolly Roger and gather a crew to help in unearthing the mysteries and treasures the vast and deadly sea holds. However, anyone not prepared for a "salty" good time will be sent to walk the plank into Davey Jones' Locker.
* Kilts & Colleens - March 16th & 17th Embrace your fellow tribesmen with glory as you enjoy libations and sing to your heart's content to the blaring of bagpipes. Celebrate the Celtic traditions of the Irish, Scots, Cornish and Welsh during this uniquely themed weekend that honors this group of European tribes from the Iron Age of Medieval Times!
* Magic, Witches and Wizards - March 23rd and 24th Muggles are welcome at this most magical weekend of the Festival. Take out your wand and show off your house spirit! From lightning bolts to the Deathly Hallows, show off your Hogwarts and magical support as you take part in the fun and games. Make Dumbledore proud and search out He Who Must Not Be Named!
The 2019 season also includes a variety of fan favorite acts and performances with an invigorating entertainment lineup that includes something for everyone.
The Florida Renaissance Festival 2019 Acts & Performances include:
* NEW - The Mis-Adventurers - Comedy Sword Fighting This comedy-adventure show, is filled with thrills, chills and heroic hijinks. Meet the dynamic sword fighting duo, and join in on the fun as they are looking for new heroes to make it to one of their Guild Recruitment meetings! Or at least helping them settle some Dueling Disagreements! Adventure onward!
* FAN FAVORITE - Kamikaze Fireflies Comedy wrapped in lunacy wrapped in foolishness. This show is a combination of strength, physical agility and amazingly well-crafted routines, balancing classical theatrical training with disciplined circus physicality. It is a constantly changing series of routines, patter, physical impossibilities, unbelievable situations and audience interactions. They are difficult to describe and impossible to forget.
* NEW - Music the Gathering Music The Gathering has a vast repertoire of original arrangements across multiple genres, from traditional Celtic to contemporary world and original parodies. In addition to mixed vocal harmonization, all three musicians play various folk and classical string, woodwind, and percussion instruments, which allows them to take familiar traditional songs and arrange them in unique ways. All members are actors with a strong background in comedy and improvisation, and they take pride in performing with all the energy and passion they can muster.
* NEW - The Jackdaws The Jackdaws deliver original, contemporary, and traditional Irish Rock to audiences across the land. This trailblazing trio will excite and have you coming back for more with their driving melodies and relentlessly aggressive lyrics. More Irish than a drunken roar, and a damned sight messier.
* NEW - Lady Ophelia's Dance Party & Maypole Dance Lady Ophelia invites you to flirt... the old-fashioned way as she is well versed and most skilled in all the current dances and royal entertainments. However, don't forget to join in on the wonderful opportunity of going round the Maypole as you decorate the pole in spring colors. Watch, dance, and frolic as you become entwined in the history, the joy and the traditions of court and country dance.
* FAN FAVORITE - DeBracy Productions - Joust Come witness the heart-pounding medieval live-action stunt show. DeBracy Productions combines trick riding, vaulting, chariot racing, death defying stunts, full contact jousting and a gladiator style spectacle. Experience a spectacle where the winner takes all, princess, kingdom, and treasure, but is it all worth it!?
The Florida Renaissance Festival is produced by the nationally acclaimed Bobby Rodriguez Productions and strives to create an entertaining and cultural experience for adults and children alike. The sponsors of the 2019 Florida Renaissance Festival include Comcast, Warsteiner, Guinness, Pepsi-Cola and Funky Buddha Brewery.
While costumes are not necessary for admittance, thousands of people each year enhance their experience by donning garb from the Renaissance era or participating in one of the festival's special themed weekends.
For tickets and more information visit: ren-fest.com; Find us on Facebook or follow @FlaRenFest on Twitter and Instagram. Download our festival mobile app by searching Florida Renaissance Festival in the Apple iTunes store or Android market. If you prefer the historical method, call 954-776-1642.
All Your Events In One Place
Send Us Your Events
Do you have a ticketed or community event open to the public?
Create a buzz by posting it on the WLRN Events Calendar.
Simply fill out the online form and get the word out!