FLITE Center 5th Annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon
FLITE Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to guiding vulnerable youth and those aging out of foster care for successful transition to independence through housing, education, employment, and system of care coordination, will host its fifth annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon on Friday, December 9, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event, held at Signature Grand (6900 State Road 84 in Davie), will be hosted by WPLG Local 10 Anchor Gio Insignares.
The luncheon will honor FLITE Center’s partners, funders and frontline staff from collaborating organizations who support and dedicate their lives to impacting youth in South Florida’s Transitional Independent Living (TIL) System of Care. More than 500 celebrants are expected to attend. The growing organization recently expanded its professional team and services into West Palm Beach and celebrated the grand opening of its facility at 816 Ninth Street.
“FLITE Center is proud to acknowledge and honor our heroes – those individuals, companies and partner organizations who are committed to helping us create a better life for South Florida youth in need of a new path,” said Christine Frederick, CEO of FLITE Center. “Last year, we assisted close to 2,400 young adults in the Transitional Independent Living (TIL) System of Care with access to unlimited services all under one roof. We are grateful for the ongoing support that allows us to continue positively impact and guide young adults toward a brighter future.”
This year’s honorees and their respective award categories are:
- Christina L. Spudeas, Retired Executive Director, Florida’s Children First and Mrs. Sandra Jackson and Mr. Darian Jackson – Albert & Beatriz Miniaci Lifetime Heroes Award
- Office of the State Attorney, 17th Judicial Circuit – UKG Ultimate Acts of Kindness
- Broward College – Gore Family Memorial Foundation You Matter Award
- SunServe and Our Fund Foundation – Memorial Healthcare System Collaborator of the Year
- Dr. Heidi Schaeffer, Human Trafficking Intervention & Awareness Expert – TIL System of Care Impact Award
- Broward Behavioral Health Coalition and Health Foundation of South Florida – TIL System of Care Hero Award
- Uniyah Gollett and Anthony Dyles – TIL Youth Heroes Awards
- Frontline Staff from Collaborating Organizations in the TIL System of Care – Unsung Heroes
Tickets are $100 per person ($75 for government agency employees) and are available for purchase online at flitecenter.org/luncheon2022.
For more information or to secure a sponsorship, please contact DeAnn Hazey, CFRE, Chief Development Officer at (954) 530-4686 or email@example.com.